Subscribe:

Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sorry for the Delay...

I've been quite the last few days primarily because I've been sick.  Think I had the "potbelly swine flu."  Well I'm back at em and things continue to go well.  To day will be my first day back at the gym since last Friday.  The Y was closed due to the holiday weekend and Tuesday I was still laid up.  I'm actually looking forward to getting back to it.

I've been walking an average of 2200 steps a day, which honestly, doesn't seem like a lot, but it's a start.

My nutritionist set me up on a 3000 calorie per day eating plan, which honestly, I'm finding to be quite generous.  So far it's been fairly easy to stay within that calorie limit.

All in all, I feel the best that I've ever felt working a plan like this.  It's been almost a month now since I started and I feel like I'm developing some pretty good habits.

Yesterday I had a meeting with the area clergy, and I knew that there would be donuts galore, I mean God forbid that we gather and don't have something to put in our gullet.  But I brought a nature valley granola bar and held the donuts at bay.  Take that!!!!

So, it's really small victories like that one that continue to encourage me!

That's all for now.

Making my ascent one step at a time,

Eric

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs. I decided this summer was my last "fat" summer. I've used the whole 'I've had kids' excuse for almost 2 years now. I don't think it works when the kid can walk and talk;) Good luck to you, it's a hard, sometimes long journey, but when you consider it a life change and not a diet it seems to go a little easier. Thanks for keeping me inspired!

Saint Marty said...

Eric,

Lydia wants me to sing "Put One Foot In Front of the Other" to you. It's from "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town," and she started singing it to me at about the 8th mile of our 10 mile race. We're both really proud of your progress.

Best,

Marty & Lydia

Post a Comment