Subscribe:

Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Think I Heard the Devil Laughing...

Well day two at the gym subjecting myself to the instruments of torture.  This morning I worked up a pretty good sweat and got my heart rate up to 136 for about 25 minutes; a pretty good cardio workout for me.  Also spent some time on the racks, er, I mean the weight machines.  Didn’t lift anything too heavy as I’m trying to ease into this without something exploding ;).

My sound track today was the Foo Fighters Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace.  I’m not sure why exactly it is, but I seem to be prone to what I call “the Rocky syndrome.”  Come on, you know what I mean; that part in the movie when you hear those familiar chords....diga diga, diga, diga, diga, diga, diga, diga, da, da, da, da, da,da, da, da, da, da, daaaaaa.  I need to be motivated by some but kickin’ music that drowns out the high pitched howl of Satan’s laughter (just a joke folks, not attempting to build a theological construct here.

On the food side of things, it’s going pretty well.  The folks at www.livestrong.com have put together a pretty good caloric intake value for me, and I’m managing to stick within its, at this point, generous boundaries.  This Friday, I’m going to meet with my dietician to tinker with it and fine tune it a bit.

If you’ve been brave (or bored enough) to return to this blog you may notice that there is another tab entitled “”The Stats.”  Over the next few days I’m going to be taking measurements and recording my weight, which for the first time ever, I will publish publicly.

Yeah, I know, just by looking at me, many people could say, “dude, like we didn’t know you had a weight problem!?” But goin’ public with actual numbers is another thing all together.  If I’m honest, it’s a bit embarrassing.  But I need to come clean.  I need to be utterly transparent and get all of this out in the open.  No more hiding!  No more denying!

Be patient, I’ll have them up in a few days.

I’m also trying to find a way to integrate my nutrition stats at www.livestrong.com into the blog here.  That may take some time but hopefully I can get that done.

Well, that’s todays entry friends.  Thanks for joining me on the journey.  If you’re praying people, please pray for me.  If you’re simply a person that believes in the power and capacity of the human spirit, then believe in me.

Peace,

Eric

P.S. Oh, and by the way, if you’re not conditioned enough to differentiate between sarcasm from sincerity, I’m sure you’ll be a bit mixed up reading this blog. ;)

1 comment:

Saint Marty said...

Eric,

Keep up the good work. Your blog is an inspiration. Just take it one second/minute/hour/day at at time. You are in my prayers.

Best,

Marty

Post a Comment