Subscribe:

Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Coming Clean....

Well my first full week of my exercise addition to the routine has come to a close.  I did cardio three times a week for 25 minutes at a shot at a pace of 2.5 mph.  I also purchased a pedometer this week and am attempting to discern a baseline for my movement.  It will be my constant companion for the foreseeable future.

Not impressive to some, I'm sure, but compared to what I have been doing, I have begun to make the ascent.

It's been a good week...full of sweat ;)

I thought it about time that I now come fully clean.  Even though I wear my weight for the whole world to see, when I'm looking from behind these eyes (and not into a mirror mind you) its very easy for me to "pretend" that this doesn't exist.

Now, let me say, I've never, NEVER, ever discussed my weight publicly!  Not even in the sacred shrine that we know as the Weight Watchers weekly meeting.  There are many reasons, I'm sure, the first of which is embarrassment.  Even as I type these words, honestly, I'm fighting back tears because I so desperately don't want to do this; I don't want the world to know.  Another reason, I'm sure, for my hesitancy to "name" my weight is that in doing so publicly, I admit (very publicly at that) that it does in fact exist.

I've decided though, that if I'm going to face this, I cannot hide; I cannot pretend that this doesn't exist!

Am I afraid of being judged or even ridiculed, well, honestly, yes.  But I cannot let my fear determine my fate.  So I share these numbers as a spring board, the genesis of my journey.


(And, let me just say, I'm excited to report that as of this writing I am 6.5 pounds lighter that I was 2 weeks ago!  I've lost 6.5 pounds in the last to weeks, and one of those weeks was on vacation!!!!  And, yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about that!)

So, at the side bar to the right, I'm going to post my stats as they stood at the beginning of this journey and the stats as they develop over time.  For some of the people that know me best, they might surprise you, I've always been told that for a "big guy" (a term a loathe, by the way) I carry my weight very well.

So, without further ado but with much trepidation, let me draw your attention to the side bar entitled "My Stats."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you and are very proud of you!! We are praying for your continued progress!! It sucks no matter what weight you happen to be. I know because I've been struggling with mine for many, many years. Recently I just stalled at a 25 pound loss & am having trouble jump starting it again. But I know I can do it, and so can you!!!

Unknown said...

Wow. How awesome are you for doing this? Tree and I will be praying for you all the way. I'm proud of you.

Jennifer said...

I'm keeping an eye on you too Eric...this will not be an easy journey but it will be well worth it for your family.
I've been working out to the Biggest Loser Workout lately...it's a great tool for when you get bored at the gym or the weather turns bad.
Keep it up man!

Post a Comment