Subscribe:

Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Here We Go....

Well, as promised, here's my first, of what I hope to be many posts, chronicling my journey with nutrition and weight-loss.

There is a great deal of "stuff" that served to get me off my but and get going; and I plan to share some of that along the way.  So, if you are brave enough, stay tuned.

Let's begin...

I've been using the livstrong.com iPhone app that syncs with the website to plan and track my eating (and now exersise).  If your at all interested its worth checking out.  I've been doing that for a few weeks now, but today was my first day, after a looooooooonnnnnnng hiatus, back to the gym.

This past Saturday I marched into the local YMCA and signed up for a family membership; today was my first day upon the instruments of torture, that are borne out of the fiery pits of hell.

Ok, maybe that's a little too dramatic...

Today I spent 25 minutes walking on the treadmill at a steady and breakneck pace of (drum-roll please) 2.5 mph.  Yes, my friends, you read that correctly: 2.5 mph.  Now for most of you reading this blog, that might seem like nothing, but for me, it was enough to break an intentional sweat.

I must admit it felt good, and, gulp...I can't believe I'm actually going to type this next part....I'm actually looking forward to going back on Wednesday!

Well, that's it!

I promise in the posts to come I will share more - fill in some missing details that have motivated me to this monumental task - but I want to give myself some time to really flesh this out for you, my faithful reader(s).

Today, I've taken one very small step on what I'm sure promises to be a significant journey of peaks and valleys, but I do believe that I'm up to it.

If one of you is actually taking the time to read this, "thank you!" Sincerely, thank you.

Peace,

Eric

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it bro... I am with you!
~Mike

Unknown said...

Hey, there is nothing wrong with 2.5 mph-that's what I do. Its not how fast you go, its keeping your pace at a constant that counts. At least that's what I have read and been told. I wish I could get motivated enough to get back to the gym!

Unknown said...

Go Eric, Go! Go Eric, Go!

Post a Comment